Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Project proposal

From: Tereza and Daniel Ward
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Project proposal
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:10:18 +0300

On 14-Sep-05, at 2:24 AM, gr()und wrote:

Hello Paparazzi folks,

i am Peter Gonda, and together with my friends we manage a new-media
organization active in the fields of technology, art, opensource,
we are currently preparing on a acknowledged EU cultural project which
will take place till end of summer 2006. It is called Radio Territories
and we do it with radios like resonance.fm (london), radio orange
(wienna), radio tilos (budapest) and some other organizations. Each of the
co-organizers is responsible for three interventions in his city.

Sorry for the long intro - now to the point. We are preparing to develop a
small UAV which would be capable of autonomous flight with the help of
GPS, could communicate with and be steered from a laptop and could serve the purpose of real-time mapping territories or all the other interesting
uses a UAV could bring in an urban enviroment.

I write to you in the hope that maybe you would like to jump over to
Europe and work on the project with us, using your technology and
know-how. We would try to manage some grant for it, under condition that the UAV developed in Slovakia would stay for us :) (we could also do two
of them - one for you :)

We are heating up contacts with local model airplanes manufacturers such as RIVA Models (http://www.rivamodels.sk/) who allready expressed interest
in the project.

So this is a shout for you, and i wonder what your response might be.
Interesting dates to come over could be around March or April. We could
also go for financial support (travel) from US Embassy and maybe you could
look around for support as well.

so keep up,

gnd/
Peter Gonda