Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Wireless communications

From: kochevar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Wireless communications
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:43:45 -0700

To All,
I figure the more replies I get on this the better.  We are having a huge
problem getting the FBW MCU to communicate with the laptop.  Antoine has
generously sent us another PC link to eliminate it as a problem, but we are
stuck.  First the problem

WHen I attempt to communicate with the MCUs by doing a make rd_fuses in their
directories, or using the uisp command and the Link switches in the respective
positions I get the 128 to communicate back.  However the mega8 will not
communicate and I get the programmed error message that it could be damaged
etc. I have 4 APs to test 2 of the PAPARAZZI 1_2_1 and 2 PAPARAZZI_Lites. all exibit this same behavior. I have now tried 2 PC links, and ruled out that as a
problem.  I have also tested 2 different computers, our usual laptop, and a
desktop.  I know that the mega8s are functioning because I have manual control
over the AC.  The 128s are also functioning because I have auto1, and auto2
control, as well as a functioning downlink.  At this point I have no clue what
could be the problem.  If anyone has any suggestions I am open, and Pascal and
Antoine, I hope we can come up with something.  ohh also, I tried testing it
with a different version of linux, morphix instead of knoppix, and I also tried
a different pendrive image.  THe only thing I can think now are to try a
different pendrive, which I will do.  Thank you in advance for any help anyone
can be.

Anton