Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Where do I obtain the single board computer from ?

From: kochevar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Where do I obtain the single board computer from ?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:13:40 -0700

Hello Leigh,

Getting the neccessary parts and PCBs made is quite a challenge, but I think a
greater challenge is assembling the boards.  Right now a company is assembling
our new design Paparazzi-lite.  The entire AP along with the power supply has
been fitted on a 2 layer PCB with dimensions: 61mm x 28mm x 6mm.  They should
be done today and tomorrow and be tested by the end of the week.  We are still
in discussion with antoine and the board redesigner about putting the gerbers
on the CVS.  More info on that will come soon I suppose.  Good luck to you and
email the list with questions.

Anton

Quoting Antoine <address@hidden>:

Hi Leigh

You have to build your own. This involves having PCBs manufactured,
collecting alot of parts from differents providers and assemble and test
the result.
If you are not familiar with the above, I would advice to seek help by
someone experimented.

I'm not aware that someone is selling it, neither as kit or ready made.
There is a project with gumstix ( www.gumstix.com) to make a board that
would run our code and also be used as a gumstix daughterboard, but it
is going very slow. We definitively need help on that.

Anton and Jeremy, two students from UoA have had our board rerouted -
It's called Paparazzi-light and fits on only one board. They will have a
little serie assembled by a company. Maybe they could provide details
about this.

A+

Antoine

leigh wrote: