Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Java UAV controllerboard specifications

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Java UAV controllerboard specifications
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:24:58 +0200

Hi Steven

Quoting Steven Beeckman <address@hidden>:
> * 5 digital output lines (4 servos - without rudder control - and one
> for the electromotor?) [I actually think that the electromotor needs an
> analog output]

You can use only two outputs wired to a 4017 decade counter. This setup allows
to drive 10 servos with only two io (clock and reset).
It is important to use a hardware output compare module (in the MCU) so that you
are able to produce accurate pulses. If you do it without this periphral, you'll
have a jitter by the amount of the interrupt latency.

hth

Antoine