[Paparazzi-devel] A few small "errors"

From: Steve Turner
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] A few small "errors"
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:05:58 -0400

Found what I believe are a few small errors. One was with the layout.cfg
file for the gerbmerge program in the /hw/panel directory. Maybe this is
just a difference between versions of gerbmerge. I am running 0.6.

gerbmerge did not like the following
# Set the inter-job spacing (inches)
Spacing=0.25

but did like this
# Set the inter-job spacing (inches)
XSpacing=0.25
YSpacing=0.25

I also sent in a quote for a PCB place here in colorado called advanced
circuits (http://www.4pcb.com/index.asp). They have a automated design
software that checks for errors. The error check program said there was
insufficent spacing in some spots, and even had some pictures. All of
them look like they are on the controller board. I have attached the
pics. Hopefully the list will accept them.
The quote I recieved from advanced circuits was fairly high at $68 each
for a quantity of 5 with a 3 day turn. They are fairly cheap for
production quantity runs though at $7.50 each for 50 board with a 4 week
turn.
I think I may end up going with eurocircuits even though shipping to the
U.S. is $25. They have much better prices for "hobby" quantities. I hope
my input is being helpful, and not just a nuicence.

Steve Turner
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.steveonweb.com

JPEG image