[Paparazzi-devel] Getting ground station running

From: Steve Turner
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Getting ground station running
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:39:13 -0500

Hi,
I am a relative newbie at Linux, and am having a little trouble getting the ground station running. I am running Fedora Core 1. I got the following directory to compile correctly /paparazzi/downlink/i386

I installed ocaml-3.07-2 from an RPM

I ran make and then make install on xml-light from http://tech.motion-twin.com/xmllight

I then ran make on /paparazzi/messages, and it seemed to go fine. When I try to start up the gui, I get the following output, and error. Don't know why it would fail to load messages.xml. It is in the messages directory. Can the program not find it, or can't parse things? Seems like maybe a problem with xml-light to me. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Steve

address@hidden i386]# ./gui
** Message: ./gui starting
** Message:   bcast addr : 127.255.255.255
** Message:   bcast port : 9999
** Message:   show map   : 1
** Message:   map file   : data/default_map.png
warning: failed to load external entity "messages.xml"

** ERROR **: parsing messages.xml
aborting...
Aborted