otpasswd-talk

Re: [Otpasswd-talk] Using OTP to kind of fix MITM.

From: Luke Faraone
Subject: Re: [Otpasswd-talk] Using OTP to kind of fix MITM.
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:17:46 -0500

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 17:59, Hannes Beinert <address@hidden> wrote:

I certainly think it would be nice to have as an option.  However,
honestly, I can't think of many advantages.  If PPP could be installed
by the user without any sysadmin intervention or cooperation, such as
in a situation where one is just an individual user on a large system
with sysadmins "who can't be bothered", then this would be a really
useful option.  However, to use PPP for login the system PAM stacks
need to be modified.

Use case: "I'm a sysadmin at a small company. I have an natural adversion to anything centralized, and I don't want to have social responsibility if anything goes wrong. I don't need any more complexity in my system than absolutely necessary."

Maybe it's a slim one, so feel free to ignore it.

Well, Tomasz is the only dev, currently.  I'm just the peanut gallery.  ;-)

I second that! :)

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc