osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] eXosip and reINVITE

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] eXosip and reINVITE
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 15:04:04 +0200

Hello,

In the call flow you sent, the SDP from 200 Ok for re-INVITE is sent to asterisk1
before you receive the SDP from 200 Ok from asterisk2. I'm not listing the other
possible issue of a B2BUA, you may know them... ;)

You said you have an error, but, but you didn't told which error
and what you tried? Let me know more if you want help.

Regards
Aymeric

Hi.

I'm trying to achieve the following SIP communication:

https://www.websequencediagrams.com/cgi-bin/cdraw?lz=cGFydGljaXBhbnQgYWxpY2UKAAUNc3Rlcmlza18xAAoNZVhvc2lwABQWMgA0DWJvYgoKIyBJbml0aWFsIGludml0ZQoAZAUgLT4AVQs6ABUHIChzZHApCgBvCgAiBQArBTogMTAwIFRyeWluZwASDwCBCwYANQ8AgSAGAFkOADcOAA8TMgBxGDIAXgoAcxcAHQVib2IAgTwPYm9iAFQOAIE7DgAKFjgwIFJpbmcAThIAeAoAGAsAgVIYADIUAIJDDgBdCwCBFBUyMDAgT0sAgXcVYm9iIDogQUNLAIIMGAAvDQCCVxQAOAcAgxEXAGUWAINkCwBuEACEHg0AgSsOAIReEgCBNAcKIyByZS0AhRAHAIQ3HmluLWRpYWxvZwCEIzwAgS0sAIUBHgCAfxAAhHkwAIJ2MQCDahUAggUXAIVVHwCEMTkK&s=rose

This is basically initial INVITE followed by reINVITE that tells the phones to use direct RTP traffic instead of RTP going through asterisk.
eXosip node is a transparent B2BUA written using the eXosip/osip2 library.
I set directmedia=outgoing to both asterisks which tells them to send reINVITE only to outgoing leg (the default asterisk behavior is to send to both legs https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+Direct+Media+Reinvite+Glare+Avoidance).

So I have two call legs in my eXosip node : call leg 1 (asterisk 1) and call leg 2 (asterisk 2).

I was able to send successfully reINVITE from eXosip to asterisk 2 and Trying from eXosip to asterisk 1.
When I get OK from asterisk 2 and try to send OK to asterisk 1 by copying the sdp from asterisk 2 I get an error.

Is it possible to achieve this with eXosip and how ?

Regards.