osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] SUBSCRIBE forking

From: FEICHTER Christoph
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] SUBSCRIBE forking
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:58:15 +0000

hi aymeric,

I currently only have the sources of eXosip 5.0.0; here it’s line 1053 in udp.c

yes – it’s the call of _eXosip_dialog_init_as_uac

… but according to RFC 3265 / RFC 6665 it is a valid use-case

to fork a SUBSCRIBE and generate additional dialogs with multiple NOTIFYs.

So, if you strictly allow only a single dialog per subscription,

you are on the safe side – but you disallow a feature, which should be possible !

What do you think about limiting the number of forks ? (e.g. to 8 oder 16, which could be a define)

we would only call _eXosip_dialog_init_as_uac  in case that the max. number of dialogs

in the matching subscription is not yet reached.

otherwise we should send a 481 – without generating a dialog !

.. or  ignore the NOTIFY request at all.

regards,

Christoph