osip-dev

[osip-dev] Who is responsible for resending messages?

From: Roger Schreiter
Subject: [osip-dev] Who is responsible for resending messages?
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:33:10 +0100

Hello,

I just made a little test. I've sent an INVITE message with libosip2 to a remote station. But I blocked the SIP traffic from the remote station to my libosip2 machine by firewall. Thus the 100 Trying and further responses to my INVITE did never reach to libosip2.

I wanted to check, whether libosip2 is resending the INVITE automatically or will inform my application by cb_timeout or anything else.

However, I found no reaction by libosip2 to the missing anser to my INVITE. Did I look into the wrong places?

What should happen, if a remote peer is not sending any response to an INVITE for more then 500 msec?

Regards,
Roger.