osip-dev

[osip-dev] DNS srv lookup

From: FEICHTER Christoph
Subject: [osip-dev] DNS srv lookup
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:37:01 +0000

hi,

I would like to ask you about the DNS queries that eXosip performs.

my use-case is the following
I have an incoming INVITE,
From, To and Req-URI do contain a domainname,
Contact, and all Via-header contain IP-addresses.

I experienced, that eXosip performs a DNS lookup for the
hostname, specified in the To-header, when it initializes the transaction (_eXosip_transaction_init).
my problem is: my DNS is currently not available … so the DNS query runs into a timeout.

my question is:
why does eXosip perform this DNS lookup ?
In my opinion it is not necessary for establishing the dialog.

br,
Christoph