osip-dev

[osip-dev] How to handle retransmitted INVITE

From: Austin Einter
Subject: [osip-dev] How to handle retransmitted INVITE
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:18:24 +0530

Hi
I have observed below behaviours while handling retransmitted INVITES.

When a retransmitted INVITE is received, it is parsed using osip_parse api.
That gives me an event of type osip_event_t*.

Then a callback set for OSIP_IST_INVITE_RECEIVED_AGAIN is invoked.

Since it is coming after call is started, my state machine, does not process it.

However the event that was created (as we called osip_parse initially), turns out to be memory leak, it never gets freed.

Now if I free it in my state machine code, somewhere it crashes down the line.

Can you please guide whats the proper way to handle incoming retransmitted INVITEs.

Thanks
Austin