osip-dev

[osip-dev] call timeout

From: FEICHTER Christoph
Subject: [osip-dev] call timeout
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 06:33:42 +0000

hi,

I am thinking of an extension of eXosip
and would like to adjust my ideas before implementing and contributing the things.

It’s about the – currently hardcoded – call-timeout of 180 seconds.
It seems something like “sub-optimal” for me that
  1. the 180 seconds are hardcoded
  2. the timeout applies also at the callee,
    but the callee does not send a 408 – instead the ringing call is silently deleted

my ideas do address the first item.
possible solutions are:
  1. a new configuration parameter for eXosip_set_option
    for setting the call-timeout;
    it would be valid for the whole eXosip instance, for incoming as well as outgoing calls.
  2. eXosip could check for an “Expires” header (for incoming as well as outgoing calls)
    and set the timeout accordingly.
    this solution would allow call-by-call individual timeout values.

which solution would you prefer ?

br,
Christoph