osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] eXosip with authentication

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] eXosip with authentication
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:13:58 +0100

Hi Christoph,

if an INVITE is sent, either manually OR by eXosip_default_action(..), there is
no difference: the answer event will be fired to the application.

I never faced such issue. If you receive the 200ok but not the event, it could be for other
reasons (like syntax error in the 200ok?)

Only logs and debugging will help.

Regards
Aymeric

hi aymeric,

I would like to know, how it is intended to work with authentication.

what I try, is sending an INVITE,
which is answered with 401.
then I use eXosip_default_action for sending a second INVITE, including authentication.

my experience is:
  • I do receive EXOSIP_CALL_REQUESTFAILURE with status_code 401 as response for the first INVITE
  • I don’t receive any eXosip event for the answer for the second INVITE attempt !!

what am I doing wrong ?
how is eXosip_default_action intended to be used ?
(how do I get an eXosip event containing the final response for the second INVITE ?)

br,
christoph