osip-dev

[osip-dev] How to resend final response?

From: Roger Schreiter
Subject: [osip-dev] How to resend final response?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:23:29 +0100

Hello,

osip closes imho an IST as soon, as osip sends a
final response, e.g. 200 Ok.

In order to test, whether the client is sending the ACK,
I'm not removing the transaction immediately, when the
cb_kill_transaction is called, but I'm keeping the transaction
still for some seconds. When the ACK arrives, I look for the
matching transaction, remove it, and everythig is fine.

When the ACK is not arriving whithin half a second, imho I
should resend my last answer. osip_transaction_t is very useful for
that and storing my last answer. Thus most of the work is already done.

My problem is, how to send the response again?

Is there a function in osip, doing it?
(Imho, I cannot add a new event to the transaction for that task.)

Should I call my cb_send_message(), as I already did for sending
the ACK? In that case, I only would need a mean to figure out
the host and the port.
I wonder, if in osip_transaction_t "top_via" is indicating it.

Regards,
Roger.