osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] matching responses to sent MESSAGE, OPTIONS, PUBLISH

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] matching responses to sent MESSAGE, OPTIONS, PUBLISH
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:07:51 +0100

Hi Christoph,

I think I'll do this change! Additionnaly, I will update version
as this is a minor change which may impact applications.

eXosip_refer_send_request is also affected

Do you see any other beyond those ones:

eXosip_refer_send_request
eXosip_publish
eXosip_options_send_request

Regards
Aymeric

hi aymeric,

the sender of a MESSAGE request gets the transaction-ID as return value of
eXosip_message_send_request to be able to match the response.
I suggest to provide the transaction-ID as return-value also when sending OPTIONS and PUBLISH requests.
you also need the transaction-ID there to match the response !

therefore, the last line in eXosip_options_send_request should be:
(eXoptions_api.c, line 67)

int
eXosip_options_send_request (struct eXosip_t *excontext, osip_message_t * options)
{
  ..
  ..
  return transaction->transactionid;
}

also, the last line in eXosip_message_send_request should be:
(eXosip_publish, line 159)

int
eXosip_publish (struct eXosip_t *excontext, osip_message_t * message, const char *to)
{
  ..
  ..
  return transaction->transactionid;