osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] bugfix in function jpipe ()

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] bugfix in function jpipe ()
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 15:55:00 +0100

I prefer a wrap-around solution!

Accepted!
Tks
Aymeric

hi aymeric,

we recently found out, that eXosip_init blocks and doesn’t return,
when it is called periodically and always fails - e.g. because there is no
IP network available.

the problem is the implementation of jpipe():
the static variable
  static int aport = 10500;
is increased 50 times on each try,
but it is never decremented or reset back to 10500 !!
when the port reaches 65536, the bind() does not return (at least under win32).

our quick fix was to remove the static argument.
would you suggest to implement a wrap-around condition for the aport variable ?

br,
christoph