osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] Howto free resources correctly

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] Howto free resources correctly
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 11:59:56 +0200

Hi!

I'm replying with my phone so I can't be precise on answers.

Best is to look at sample code inside exosip which correctly use osip.

I'm almost sure (but can't check code) that those are correct:
osip_message_set_max_forwards(*msg, "70");
  osip_message_set_user_agent(*msg, "my_application 1.0");

The parameter may be are "const char*"? And duplicated by the stack using osip_strdup (or other way).

For "events": you are right for both point you mentioned, they are allocated and then will be handled asynchronously, so they are released by the stack itself from the moment you provide them to the stack, (after osip_transaction_add_event, I guess) (See exosip/source code)

If it's still obscure, please ask again and I'll reply on Monday when I'll be back ;)

Aymeric