osip-dev

[osip-dev] question about osip_transaction

From: Dalei Liu
Subject: [osip-dev] question about osip_transaction
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:17:37 -0800

Hi,

I have a quick question about the struct osip_transaction defined in osip.h.  When I checked the source code, I found it's holding an element osip_srv_record_t record which is about 11KB.  I'm just wondering why it is an instance instead of a pointer just like all the other structures inside the osip_transaction, because for me it looks like wasting memory for each transaction if the field is not in use.  All the other elements of the osip_transaction in total is just about over 100 bytes.  Is there any other concern about the design?

Thanks,
Dalei Liu