Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 2.3 is available

From: Cary Phillips
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 2.3 is available
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 17:11:27 -0700

I suspect the problem is that the .tar.gz archives are missing some cmake-related files, as cmake is not the default way of building (yet).  If you clone from github, it will likely work. We'll investigate and get it fixed. Apologies for the oversight.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM Gonzalo Garramuño <address@hidden> wrote:

El 10/08/18 a las 17:38, Francois Chardavoine escribió:
> Just in time for Siggraph, we're excited to announce that OpenEXR 2.3
> has been released and is available for download.

Congratulations.  Now for the sad part:

CMake build is completely broken on Linux at least ( Windows probably
too ).  IlmBase compiles the tables only and exits without compiling
anything else.
Building with bootstrap/configure works on Linux for IlmBase.

CMake build is also broken for OpenEXR.  In that case, it does not find
IlmBase even when -DILMBASE_PACKAGE_PREFIX is used.  Result: half.h,
ImathInt64.h, etc cannot be found and nothing gets built.
Building with bootstrap/configure works on Linux for OpenEXR.

Have not tried the viewers yet.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño