[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR compilation

From: Salvati, Marc
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR compilation
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:57:40 +0900

Hello everyone,
I m trying to compile openexr with gcc 4.1.2, 4.4.7 and 4.8.2 on windows and linux (CentoOS 6.6).
As for windows, everything was smooth and easy running CMake.
I could compile ilmbase and zlib.
i used the same command line to configure each compilation (modulo the specification of the gcc version)
gcc 4.1.2: no problems
gcc 4.4.7: no problems
gcc 4.8.2: ilmbase test will not run. I had to disable the test. I wonder why this would not work and if there was a recommended compiler for openexr then.

Then i run make.
for each version, the make ends with a segmentation fault when executing the command:
./dwaLookups > dwaLookups.h
This generates some lookup tables.
I wonder if anyone had this issue.

To avoid that issue, i copied the generated fileĀ  dwaLookups.h from my windows compilation, and then make would resume just fine. I wonder if this compilation way may result in wrong library.

Hopefully someone has some insights.
Anyways i could finish the compilations, and i guess i will know if the libraries are ok when i use them.

Regards