Re: [Openexr-devel] Null data window

From: Julie Santerre
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Null data window
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:44:01 +0000 (UTC)

Bonjour à tous!

I was wondering if anything changed about the way OpenEXR handles empty
data window since 2005. The latest news I have are:

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 19:56, Florian Kainz wrote:
Right now, the library won't let you save or load
a file with no pixels in it.  Adding this capability
wouldn't be too difficult; we'd just have to do a lotof testing to ensure
that empty files don't break anything.

Is this possible now to write a file with no pixel in it? If not, to
represent an empty data window, I would need to write a single black
transparent pixel to a file and set the data window to (0,0) - (0,0) as Ken
suggested in 2005. But then, is there a way to tell apart a file with an
empty data window and a file of size 1x1 containing only one pixel?

Thank you!

Julie