Re: [Openexr-devel] Memory leaks in 2.01

From: Juri Abramov
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Memory leaks in 2.01
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 14:19:15 +0100

We actually do link a static copy of OpenEXR into mental ray. Initially, we had problems like symbol conflicts as flags like RTLD_DEEPBIND were not used systematically by applications integrating mental ray.

So we put OpenEXR into a different namespace(s). This was actually easy, adding –Dimg=MI_Imf …. to the compiler command line worked.

You guys did a great job of adding namespace aliasing support on OpenEXR 2.0 itself, which made the compiler command line hack unnecessary.

Juri