Re: [Openexr-devel] 2.0.0 problem with RgbaInputFile and 32 bit images

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] 2.0.0 problem with RgbaInputFile and 32 bit images
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 15:47:14 +0000

hmm - let me take a look at this one.

Piotr

From: Peter Dimov address@hidden
Sent: 17 May 2013 06:05
To: address@hidden

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to 2.0.0 (from 1.6.1) and am having problems with
reading 32 bit images via RgbaInputFile. I changed nothing in the actual
reader code, just switched the OpenEXR library. While 1.6.1 reads 32 bit
(float) images correctly, 2.0.0 doesn't. By the look of the produced image,
I suspect that the library writes 32 bit floats into the Imf::Rgba frame
buffer, instead of half. 16 bit images read fine.

I suspect a regression in the RgbaInputFile, but it's possible that I'm
either doing something wrong in the client code, or have somehow managed to
compile the library incorrectly. Going by the symptoms, I suspect the
library itself is at fault though.