Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: building problems in OSX 10.8.3

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: building problems in OSX 10.8.3
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 15:09:54 -0700

On May 1, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Dalai Felinto wrote:

> [*] I actually had some linking problems with your Xcode solution (I don't
> have cg here, and didn't want to get it), and in the end it made more sense
> for me to look deeper in my problem instead of wasting time with linking
> issues.

Yeah, you need to download the Cg framework yourself.  On OS X the installer
will put it in /Library/Frameworks, but this is not seen by Xcode.  You have to
copy or make a symbolic link in the Frameworks folder of whatever SDK you're
using.

You should only need Cg for playexr.  Exrdisplay needs fltk but not Cg.  I
posted builds of the OpenEXR 1.7 command line utilities and included Cg per the
Cg license.

http://fnordware.blogspot.com/2011/10/openexr-command-line-tools.html

Brendan