Re: [Openexr-devel] UTF-8

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] UTF-8
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:05:18 -0800

OpenEXR shouldn't have to worry about this nonsense internally.

My vote would be to make libIlmImf continue doing an exact compare (strcmp),
but put in the docs that the strings are assumed to be UTF-8 and that any apps
using the library should canonicalize with normalization "C" any channel name
or attribute strings *before* passing them to the library, and if they don't do
so, they get what they deserve in terms of false negative string matches.

        -- lg

--
Larry Gritz
address@hidden