Re: [Openexr-devel] v2 attributes

From: Peter Hillman
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] v2 attributes
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 15:31:46 -0700

ImfPartType.h defines static variables for the names of all known types, so you can (and should) use Imf::DEEPSCANLINE instead of "deepscanline"

On multiview vs multipart: that's on ongoing debate! Life would be simpler if files didn't contain multiview parts in multipart files. Either write a single multiview file, or use multiple single view parts.

Brendan Bolles <address@hidden> wrote:
On Aug 6, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Peter Hillman wrote:

> Making "type" a string should make for more elegant handling of  extra types in the future.

OK, but shouldn't we at least create some #defines or something so that instead of this:

if(type=="deepscanline") {}

we'd have something like this:

if(type==EXRTYPE_SCANLINE_DEEP) {}

Now that we can store multiple images, do we intend to deprecate the old way of handling views?

Brendan