Re: [Openexr-devel] exrmaketiled

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] exrmaketiled
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 15:23:39 -0800

I would expect exrmaketiled to change the tile size of a file.

I just tried the following on Linux, using the StillLife image
from the OpenEXR sample images:

        exrmaketiled -t 32 32 StillLife.exr xxx.exr
        exrmaketiled -t 150 150 xxx.exr yyy.exr
        exrmaketiled -t 20 20 yyy.exr zzz.exr

Checking the tile sizes with

        exrheader xxx.exr yyy.exr zzz.exr

produced the expected results, and the files display properly
on the screen.

Florian

Mike Warren wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am testing OpenEXR 1.6.1 and trying to play with different tile-sizes. If I
have an already tiled image,
it doesn't seem that exrmaketiled with different args (e.g. going from 256x256
tiles to 64x64) works -- would
you expect it to?

Thanks,
mike