Re: [Openexr-devel] list/vector auf array2d pixels

From: Michael Wolf
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] list/vector auf array2d pixels
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:21:11 +0100

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:14:41 +0100, katrin schmid <address@hidden> wrote:

hi,

Hello Katrin,

i try reading an openExr file with arbitary numbers of channels and bit depths.
I was trying to store a list of Array2Ds like
    std::vector < Imf::Array2D<half> > hPixelList; or
    Imf::Array2D<half> px[5];
but cant make any of these work. Maybe i am missing something obvious here?
Will store thrm all to the same Array2d for now.

I'm surprised that this would even compile. A std::vector copies the elements and
Imf::Array2D<> only has a private copy operator/constructor (mainly because one
would create a second copy that uses just as much storage memory).

One way would be to store pointers to Imf::Array2D<> or wrap the storage into a
reference counted class (which is what I prefer to do).

Thanks for your help,
katrin

Well, I do hope that it helps.

Cheers,