[Openexr-devel] openexr and ilmbase on vista with visual studio 2008

From: Priyamvad Deshmukh
Subject: [Openexr-devel] openexr and ilmbase on vista with visual studio 2008
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:33:08 -0700

ilmbase 1.0.1
openexr 1.6.1

ok, so I've spent a day trying to get this working with my code but I've run into brick walls with each method.
Here is what I have tried until now:
1) I tried following the readme steps exactly and they compile successfully.
2) When I try to use some half structures in my own code however, I get linker errors which people have talked about elsewhere:
unresolved external symbol "private: static unsigned short const * const half::_eLut" (address@hidden@@0QBGB)

The solution to it seems to be to define OPENEXR_DLL in your preprocessor directive which indeed makes the error go away.
3) However, I now get a runtime error saying Half.dll not found even though I have set it up so that it looks in the Deploy/bin directory.
4) So I try copying the Half.dll in system64 directory and now I get a missing MSVCR90.dll error which I don't see anywhere.

5) I tried statically building the libraries and even though that compiles, my application still seems to look for Half.dll.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with this build?
Any help would be appreciated!
Aargh
Priyamvad