[Openexr-devel] CreateDLL eliminates C style wrapper functions

From: Stephan Menzel
Subject: [Openexr-devel] CreateDLL eliminates C style wrapper functions
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:57:59 +0100

Hi guys,

I am currently trying to get OpenEXR to run in a multiplatform 32/64
bit Windows and Linux environment. So far I made quite OK progress
with adopting your build system to windows and enabling 64bit support.

There's just a big problem left: The createDLL tool, which I had to
modify according to
http://osdir.com/ml/video.openexr.devel/2007-11/msg00008.html
eliminates all the C style linkage wrapper functions from the DLL.
Specifically those in ImfCRgbaFile.h. The symbols in there are missing
in the DLLon both 32 and 64 bit windows. Unfortunately, the whole
purpose for this exercise for me is usage in ImageMagick and this uses
exactly those methods and none other. So even though I got the DLL I
still can't use it. And I have no idea how to modify createDLL any
further, because it's apparently the extern "C" linkage that messes
things up.

Have you guys any idea what I could do there?

I would be willing to contribute build system changes so you could
benefit from 64 bit support as well.

Cheers,
Stephan