Re: [Openexr-devel] converting from standard 8 bit to Half?

From: Adrian Paul
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] converting from standard 8 bit to Half?
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:30:00 +1000

2009/9/9 Paul Miller <address@hidden>
Is there a typical conversion from normal 8 bit images to half that will properly linearize the image so it looks "right" once displayed using the half display conversion? I'm finding my images look too dark once I to through my current process.

Are you currently using an sRGB transfer function to go from 8-bit to half?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB#The_reverse_transformation
(a = 0.055 and ignoring the XYZ matrix)

--
Adrian Paul