Re: [Openexr-devel] update for ImathPlatform.h for Win32 (MSVC): 'restri

From: Ger Hobbelt
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] update for ImathPlatform.h for Win32 (MSVC): 'restrict' support for VC
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 07:20:02 +0200

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Florian Kainz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ger,
>
> thank you for your ImathPlatform.h fixes.  I did not apply of your
> patches, but I believe I have addressed the issues you have pointed out:
>
> * M_PI_2 and other M_* constantes are not defined in math.h on Windows:
>  I applied the part of your patch that defines M_PI_2, but I omitted M_E,
>  M_LOG2E etc.  Those constants are not used anywhere in the OpenEXR code
>  base.  Fixing broken math.h header files beyond what is necessary to
>  make OpenEXR compile is outside the scope of the OpenEXR project.

I expected that, but I wanted to show the full change anyway, so you'd
be able to decide which way you wanted to go.
I understand the choice you made.

> * restrict keyword: I replaced all instances of restrict in Imath with
>  IMATH_RESTRICT.  ImathPlatform.h now defines IMATH_RESTRICT as __restrict
>  for GCC and VisualC++, restrict for Intel's and SGI's compilers, and as
>  an empty string for all other compilers.

Excellent!

Thank you again for providing OpenEXR and your support is much appreciated.

Ger Hobbelt

web: http://www.hobbelt.com/
 http://www.hebbut.net/
mail: address@hidden