[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.

From: Nikolaj Thygesen
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR from shared libs.
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:36:40 +0100

Hi list,

I'm currently trying to interface to the OpenEXR library from my own shared library reading scanlines one at a time. My code is heavily based on the sample code on the OpenEXR home page describing the reading of an RGBA file using the RgbaInputFile class + a raw copy-paste of the C_IStream class using the old-skool stdio FILE *'s to access the bytes of files. When compiling my program as a stand-alone program, everything works fine for all sample *.exr files, but as soon as the code goes into a *.so, reading crashes in the "input_file.readPixels(dw.min.y);" call of the snippet below.

I should mention that I'm running FreeBSD 6.2, using gcc 4.1and OpenEXR V1.2.2, which is the release currently available in the ports tree. My question is: Does OpenEXR have any issues with shared libs?? Do I need or should I avoid any certain compiler/linker flags??

           RgbaInputFile input_file;

           Box2i dw = input_file.dataWindow();
           Rgba pixels[width];
input_file.setFrameBuffer(pixels - dw.min.x - dw.min.y * width, 1, width);
           input_file.readPixels(dw.min.y);
           dw.min.y++;
           lineno = line_number++;

   br - Nikolaj Thygesen