[Openexr-devel] Wierd link problem when building open exr 1.4 with stati

From: David Larsson
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Wierd link problem when building open exr 1.4 with static linked Runtime library in windows
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:46:52 +0100

Hi!

I ran into some trouble building openexr for multithreaded static
linked runtime libraries (visual studio 8, both 64bit and 32bit). The
half library introduced dependencies on msvcprt.lib (which is the stub
library for the dynamic runtime library). It was the either the define
_DLL or _USRDLL (I removed them both) that somehow forced this
dependency.
So I'm worried that I might have broken something when removing these
preprocessor symbols, do they have a purpose ore are they there only
because of tradition (it happens all the time with preprocessor
symbols :) )?

BTW, Thanks for a great library, it makes my life as renderer
developer much easier.

Cheers
/David Larsson