Re: [Openexr-devel] building C API app

From: John Cupitt
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] building C API app
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:18:49 +0100

On 9/12/06, J A <address@hidden> wrote:
I've started to look at implementing an EXR writer into an existing C
application. I understand that I need to include:
#include <ImfCRgbaFile.h>
to get the functions wrapped for C.

When compiling, should I link to any specific library to ge it to work?
IlmImf is a C++ library as far as I under stand it. Is there one for the C
API?

You can use pkg-config to get a list of the compiler flags and
libraries you need when linking against openexr. On my system (mac os
x, openexr 1.4.0 installed though darwinports) it returns:

 pineapple:~/CVS/vips-7.11 john$ pkg-config OpenEXR --cflags
 -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/opt/local/include/OpenEXR
 pineapple:~/CVS/vips-7.11 john$ pkg-config OpenEXR --libs
 -L/opt/local/lib -lIlmImf -lImath -lHalf -lIex -lz

Your system will probably be different, of course. If you're using
autotools you can integrate this stuff automatically with
PKG_CHECK_MODULES.

John