[Openexr-devel] RTTI Issue while Linking in GCC

From: Mortoc
Subject: [Openexr-devel] RTTI Issue while Linking in GCC
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:18:57 -0700

Undefined Symbols:
    typeinfo for Iex::BaseExc

This is the linker error I get while attempting to link my application to the OpenEXR Iex lib. I tried compiling with the '-fno-rtti' option in gcc and this made it fail before getting to compiling Iex:: . I also tried using nm to see if the symbols were in the lib, but then I realized I had no idea what I was looking for, I don't know what the RTTI looks like in the lib. I also get the same error when I compile with GCC 3.3 or 4.0.

Here's the system I'm compiling with:
XCode 2.3 on a Mac G4
GCC 4.0
OpenEXR version 1.2.2