[Openexr-devel] Imf::InputFile constructor crashing

From: Graham Fyffe
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Imf::InputFile constructor crashing
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 12:30:09 -0700

Hi everybody.

I am working on Win32 with OpenEXR version 1.2.2.

Sometimes I get a crash when I construct an Imf::InputFile.  Just like this:

        cout << "check 0" << endl;
        Imf::InputFile file(filename);
        cout << "check 1" << endl;

I see "check 0" but not "check 1".  It does NOT throw any exceptions,
i.e. my catch(...) statement is never entered!

I tried to debug it. I entered Debug mode, and the behavior changes! In debug mode, it waits until I call file.header().channels().begin()
before crashing!  It seems the data in the file object is corrupt
(i.e. the data inside the file, channelList, etc is totally corrupt),
but the debugger did not get triggered for some reason.

I have attached the file.  I don't think the file is corrupt; i.e. I
can open it in other applications.

- Graham Fyffe