Re: [Openexr-devel] Question about using exr PAI from C

From: Chris Burns
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Question about using exr PAI from C
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:50:53 -0700

Konstantin,

Depending on what additional data you would like to store in the file, I'm not sure OpenEXR would be appropriate.  You may want to look at using the TIFF format, it allows you to define custom tags and embed additional image data in the file.

Wikipedia has some documentation, including links to tiff libraries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiff

Greg Ward's LogLuv encoding is an example of adding custom tags to tiff images:
http://www.anyhere.com/gward/pixformat/tiffluv.html

Hope that helps,
Chris