Re: [Openexr-devel] Problems ysing OpenEXR with Visual C++ 6.0

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Problems ysing OpenEXR with Visual C++ 6.0
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:35:36 -0800

Seon Joo Kim <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a first time user of OpenEXR and I'm having some problems starting.
> All I want to do is to write OpenEXR files.
> I'm using the windows precompiled version (.hr & .lib files) from
> OpenEXR-1.2.2-win32 (using MSVC 6).

Hi Seon Joo,

I'm sorry, but OpenEXR 1.2.2 doesn't support MSVC 6.  We dropped
support for that compiler in this release because it was just too hard
to maintain.

If you can't use MSVC 7 (Visual Studio 2003), OpenEXR 1.2.1 will work
with MSVC 6, but only if you use the C interface with the IlmImfDll
dynamic library.  You can still get that binary release here:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/openexr/OpenEXR-1.2.1-win32.zip

or here, if you want to compile from source:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/openexr/OpenEXR-1.2.1.tar.gz