RE: [Openexr-devel] stack overflow in openexr

From: Luc-Eric Rousseau
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] stack overflow in openexr
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:37:01 -0500

We actually had this stack overflow problem on Linux, as the OpenEXR code was
running a secondary thumbnail thread which didn't have enough stack.  We
changed it to use the Windows code.  I don't think it's a great candidate for a
platform define, it just assumes a lot of stack is available no matter the
plateform.  Ideally it should be changed to allocate from the heap after a
certain threshold.

Luc-Eric Rousseau
Team Leader, User Interface
Softimage|XSI