RE: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.2.2 and VS2005

From: Patrick Bergeron
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.2.2 and VS2005
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:12:42 -0500

Hi Drew (and everybody else): it goes along the lines of 'can't open file
"half.h"'

When I upgraded Softimage XSI to VS 2005 (for x64 and later x86) I had plenty
of errors like 'can't open file "stdafx.h"' but I only changed the include from
<> to "" and that fixed most of it. It fixed OpenEXR too.

Since I've got you on the line, I'm having a fierce battle to build 1.2.1 (or
1.2.2 for that matter) with VS 2005 for x64. I have one link error repeated in
many OBJ files. Here's a sample:

ImfCRgbaFile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__cdecl std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::`copy constructor closure'(class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char>
> &)" (address@hidden@address@hidden@@address@hidden@2@@std@@QEAAXAEAV01@@Z)

(I have 29 of those to be exact).

I've tried the following:
- Build the OpenEXR DLL (no go)
- Build a static lib and link it with my project (no go).
- Manually put all necessary OpenEXR files in the project I want to link it
with, and rebuild my project using the project's compile options (no go).

Regarless of what approach I take, the exact same error keep coming back. It's
starting to drive me nuts. I already use STL in the project I want to use
OpenEXR, so I don't think that's the problem.

Does anyone know what 'copy constructor closure' means?

Has this problem been reported before?

Cheers.
Patrick Bergeron.