Re: [Openexr-devel] ImathTest failures

From: Brian Willoughby
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] ImathTest failures
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:38:41 -0700

Darrin,

Mac OS X has a floor() function of its own.  Why not use that instead of
trying to get the supplied source version to work?  There may also be an inline

processor opcode version that would be very fast, I'll look in
ppc_intrinsics.h and see if there is anything there.

P.S.  I though that OpenEXR already had source for Mac OS X.  Are you merely
doing this to provide a CodeWarrior project for folks that do not want to use
ProjectBuilder or Xcode?

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting

Begin forwarded message:

As mentioned earlier, I'm building the OpenEXR source for Windows
using CodeWarrior Pro 8.3 on Mac OS X. I'm seeing 2 odd failures with
ImathTest. The first is pretty serious. Imath::floor<float> doesn't
appear to be behaving correctly. Line 97 of testFun.cpp looks like
this:

assert (Imath::floor (-0.5f) == -1);