[Openexr-devel] half textures

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: [Openexr-devel] half textures
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:23:18 +0100

I have an app which displays exr's similar to the way
exrdisplay does by using half textures and fragment shaders.
But I'm having some trouble and I was hoping someone here might
be able to help me with it.

In my app the texture object used to display the image data
is smaller than the image in memory, so I'm using

    glPixelStorei( GL_UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH, myDataLen )

as you'd expect.  This technique works just fine on 8 bit textures,
but causes an immediate seg fault when used with 16 bit half
textures (GL_HALF_FLOAT_NV).  Is this a known problem?  Are
there any workarounds?

Note that I've tried uploading the texture one scanline at a
time to get around this, but it is *extremely* slow.

Thanks.
--Ken