RE: [Openexr-devel] Exr.NET

From: wcoles
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] Exr.NET
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:15:27 -0000

Another slightly legal question, I have a 'Half' data-type which is a direct
port to C# of the Half data-type from the OpenExr distribution. I currently
have the following acknowledgement at the top of the source code:

<snip>
Based on the C++ code originally written by Florian Kainz and Rod Bogart.
</snip>

The questions being, is this enough? Should I actually put the OpenExr
license at the top of the file instead of my own (which is basically the
same, but with my own copyright at the top)? The code is different, but
noticeably derived from the OpenExr C++ code.

And finally, is it ok to put those two names in there (I've removed the
email addresses in case it was undesired)? And were there any others that
should also be noted in this particular segment (I could only find Florian
and Rod mentioned in the original source).

FWIW I will be uploading the current source soon (either tonight [UK time]
or tomorrow). It's still early, but at least it'll be out there for people
to see.

Yes, it's still a wrapper ;)

Thanks,
Wayney