[Openexr-devel] luts

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: [Openexr-devel] luts
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:49:01 +0000

Drew Hess wrote:

If you have a programmable GPU available with support for 16-bit FP
pixels, you can do a neat trick with a Cg shader and a 16-bit lookup
table.  Assuming you can bake your tonemap into the table and you have the
right hardware, this is pretty fast.

I've attached the Cg shader that does this.

I'm now need to use luts in my fragment shader, and I
think this pack_2half/unpack_4ubyte trick is very cool.  But
my fragment shaders are arbfp1 instead of fp30 (for portability).
Is there anyway to do the same thing using arbfp1?

Thanks.
--Ken