[Openexr-devel] new Windows prebuilts, source tarball

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-devel] new Windows prebuilts, source tarball
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:48:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I've integrated Andreas' changes into the Visual Studio 6 project.
IlmImf.dll now uses static runtime libs.

I've also added a project for zlib which creates a static zlib.lib file.
zlib doesn't come with a project file and its Win32 makefiles create a DLL
by default.  The OpenEXR project now links statically against zlib,
instead of using the zlib.dll as before.  There's also a slight change to
where the OpenEXR project expects the zlib.lib and header files to be.
See README.win32 for details, but basically it's now as simple as dropping
the included zlib project and workspace files into your zlib source
directory and building the zlib targets you need.

There's a new source tarball available with these VS6 project changes.
Other than that, it's pretty much the same as the previous source tarball.
Only Windows users will see any significant changes.

I've also created a new OpenEXR-1.0.5.zip with the prebuilt Windows
binaries, prebuit libs, headers, and example code.

If you're using OpenEXR on Windows, please grab either the new prebuilt
.zip or source tarball and let me know if you have problems.

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=openexr

In order to incorporate the example code bugfix, I'll be building a new
MacOS prebuilt .dmg and RedHat RPMs in the next few days, but it isn't
stricly necessary that you download these if you've already grabbed the
previous 1.0.5 versions.

If all goes well I'll do an official 1.0.5 release announcement on Monday
or Tuesday.

-dwh-