om-synth

[Om-synth] dave's lash patches

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: [Om-synth] dave's lash patches
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:28:15 +0100

Seems to me that the lash-hackers are the same as the om people. So I ask here:

I'm very interrested in getting a lashed environment, esp a sample playing thingy, butso be very nice.

I found lash patches for seq24 and specimen at http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~drobilla/files/. I have a hard time getting the software to compile, even without the patches, so I was wondering: wouldn't it be nice to have om, lash, and eventually lash-enabled versions of stuff like specimen, fluid, seq24, and what not in debian/unstable? I seem to remember that Dave is a debian user himself, so maybe om/lash wouldn't be that hard to get into the three. The next thing would be to lobby for the lash patches to be integrated into the main tree of the other software. Or is there a better way (besides undefined patience) to get stable, binaries of lashed stuff?

Next my compile problems (debian/unstable), specimen first. I cannot even compile it without the patches, since making phat-0.3.1 fails:

address@hidden phat-0.3.1]$ make
<snip>
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
phatkeyboard.c: In function 'phat_keyboard_get_adjustment':
phatkeyboard.c:622: warning: missing sentinel in function call
phatkeyboard.c:624: warning: missing sentinel in function call
phatkeyboard.c: In function 'phat_keyboard_set_adjustment':
phatkeyboard.c:644: warning: missing sentinel in function call
phatkeyboard.c:646: warning: missing sentinel in function call
make[2]: *** [libphat_la-phatkeyboard.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/atte/software/phat/phat-0.3.1/phat'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/atte/software/phat/phat-0.3.1/phat'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I have the feeling that when this works, I can compile specimen, and then applying the patch + recompiling should be within reach...

I compiled seq 24 fine with out the patch, but with the patch I get:

address@hidden seq24-0.7.0]$ make
<snip>
In file included from seq24.cpp:30:
lash.h:29:23: error: lash/lash.h: No such file or directory
<snip>
lash.h: At global scope:
lash.h:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'lash_client_t' with no type
lash.h:38: error: expected ';' before '*' token
lash.h:40: error: 'lash_event_t' has not been declared
lash.h:41: error: 'lash_config_t' has not been declared

Any help from people who tried this at home would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk