Re: Removing __init_qt__ dependency on libgui

From: Alex Leach
Subject: Re: Removing __init_qt__ dependency on libgui
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 11:55:21 +0000

From: Alex Leach <zander_leach@hotmail.com>
Sent: 17 November 2020 10:27
To: John W. Eaton <jwe@octave.org>; octave-maintainers@gnu.org <octave-maintainers@gnu.org>

  • uigetdir, uigetfile, uiputfile should call the qt backend once it's been initialised. Using the mechanism above, relevant callbacks could be registered?
To do

What isn't working are the Qt widgets for uigetfile / uiputfile / uigetdir, I guess because I don't have an event manager.

As an addendum, I've finally tracked this one down, spent ages looking for where the function names e.g. __uigetfile_fltk__ get constructed, and have just found it, in scripts/gui/private/__get_funcname__.m.

Again, a test for __event_manager_enabled__ blocks calling the qt implementations of these functions. A quick removal of this test seems to get them all working fine. Is there a reason that I'm not seeing for requiring the octave link / event manager here?

Have just made a small commit, at https://github.com/alexleach/octave/commit/9ca4510aa4aabd0f08e4f8759001eada14fc4063. Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,
Alex