Re: more help needed with function handles

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: more help needed with function handles
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:43:53 -0400

Thanks for the responses.

It seems a little strange to me that after changing to subdir where there is a sin.m file, Matlab is warning that the presence of that file could cause trouble and which ('sin') finds the sin.m file but sin(pi) calls the built-in function!

Now I'm curious to know whether the behavior is different if you enter the commands one at a time at the command line instead of executing the script file? Also, what happens if you add a 'clear functions' command just after changing to the subdir directory?

Maybe I need to try with a different function instead of sin, which I suppose is not defined as a generic function but as a method for @double and @single objects? That would explain why it is found ahead of the .m file.